You’re trusting Jan Hickman, with your most valuable possession, your home. REALTORS® take this responsibility very seriously. Here’s what Jan promises you.
- Jan is highly trained. REALTOR® training is so rigorous that candidates often fail the pre-registration courses. Those who do pass must master a long, diverse list of subjects ranging from housing construction to family law.
- Jan is continuously trained. We keep pace with the times. All Licensed REALTORS® must take continuing education courses to make sure their knowledge on subjects like legal issues and technology are up to date.
- Jan does everything by the book. A licensed REALTOR® must be registered under provincial laws that govern exactly how real estate can and cannot be traded. These regulations are your legal guarantee of professional behavior.
- Jan is an ethical businesswoman. REALTORS® must adhere to the extensive Code of Ethics of the Canadian Real Estate Association. Several provinces have additional Codes of Ethics governing the behaviour of real estate professionals. Jan always puts your interests first.
- Your dealings with Jan Hickman are insured. For your peace of mind, provincial regulators sponsor consumer protection programs that may require, for instance, that REALTORS® maintain Errors and Omissions Insurance. Often deposits consumers make in real estate transactions are also insured under these programs.
- Opportunity for recourse. Should you have concerns about Jan’s professional behavior or that of any REALTOR®, provincial regulators and your local real estate board or association take these matters very seriously and work quickly to resolve any issues.
- Jan has access to the real estate board’s Multiple Listing Service®. The MLS® system is the single most powerful tool for buying and selling a home. It is a complex information-sharing and cooperative marketing network created by REALTORS® to help consumers buy and sell homes.
This is Jan’s RE/MAX LifeStyles Realty REALTOR® commitment.
Connect with Jan to see how she can help
unite your heart to a new home.
For more information click here or call at 604.828.3445